Thursday 23 June 2011

Poem on Hope - Burning from Within


Under the veil of darkness
I saw myself soaked in red
I felt my clothes in shred
I heard the cry of my bleeding heart
Searching for hope that had set apart.

I waited for long in dark
For some light to give a spark
Waited for the pain to subside
With the stream of tears flowing by my side.

As I waited I peeped into the past
Past filled with nostalgic memories
Moments of love moments of joy
Moments with happiness all around.

I let myself drenched again
I let tears escape again
For knowing I was paying for my mistakes
Mistakes that were never mine
Mistakes that I never did.

I then felt myself on fire
I cried aloud to put my heart’s desire
I fluttered my eyes and looked at the mirror
I saw myself burning…
Burning from within.

The sensation within was hurting
Could not bear the pain within
With a trembling fear I then closed my eyes
And peeped into my inner soul.

I could see something shining
Could feel a silent breeze waving within me
No more I’ll wait for the pain to subside
Past with all its pain I’ll leave aside.

I stood up and wiped my tears
I finally discovered the “Me”
And I’ll now carve my own identity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment